When you’re feeling a bit creative and feel like you should get out of the flow of the menial world there’s one thing to turn to – crafts! I’m not a very good painter…or maybe I should say I don’t know how to paint at all however to make up for my lack of canvas skills I do have fingers!
Just as our fingerprints have their own unique marks, our love lives have their own unique stories. Put them together in a piece of artwork and you have some very personalised and gorgeous artwork to hang up in your home. 🙂
What I used:
- White, Black and Red acrylic paint ( you can always use other colours)
- A blank canvas
- Toothpick for mixing
- Newspaper to put paint on
What I did:
- Lightly sketch out the shape you’d like to create (in my case it was a good old love heart)
- Put a circle red and then white paint on the newspaper separately
- Then put a circle of white paint with enough red paint in it to mix your desired dark pink and repeat this for a even lighter pink shade
- Get your fingers ready and start painting on the canvas working first with the darker shades then move onto lighter shades for a layered effect
- Let each layer dry while remembering to wipe fingers clean when switching colours (if you’re impatient you can use a hairdryer to dry the paint)
What are some of your crafty things you like to do with your significant other?
Please like/share/comment if this post was helpful to you!