In my imagination, markets are magical places with great potential to find some neat and interesting treasures to call your own. You could be a modern pirate or treasure hunter or just an old lady on Antiques Roadshow who will be told just how special her collectable was. Gosh I loved that show! As I am a Sydneysider (and clearly biased) I certainly think that Sydney is a great place for treasure hunting although I would still LOVE to hunt overseas in America and some European countries as well. Below is my list of markets in and around the Sydney area that I will attempt to tick off one at a time! MISSION ACCEPTED!
The must go tos:
- Glebe Markets (See my post on it!) – Glebe, Sydney – Every Saturday 10AM-4:30PM http://www.glebemarkets.com.au/
- Newtown Community Market – Newtown, Sydney – Every Saturday 10AM-4PM https://www.newtowncentre.org/markets.html
- Finders Keepers Markets (See my post on it!) – Australia Technology Park, Eveleigh, Sydney – check website http://www.thefinderskeepers.com/markets.php
- The Royal Markets – Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills, Sydney – Last Sunday of every month 11AM-4PM http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/shopping/events/39595/the-royal-markets https://www.facebook.com/events/706126072770346/
- Vintage Markets organised by Vanity Fair – dates as per their events on website
The would love to go tos:
- Manly Arts and Crafts Markets – Every Saturday and Sunday 9AM-5PM http://www.ourmanly.com.au/manly-markets/
- Bondi Markets (See my post on it!) – Bondi Beach Public School, Bondi, Sydney – Every Sunday 10AM-4PM http://www.bondimarkets.com.au/
- Rozelle Markets – Rozelle School, Rozelle – Every Saturday and Sunday 9AM-4PM http://www.rozellemarkets.com.au/
- Liverpool Night Markets – Macquarie St, Liverpool CBD – First Saturday of every month 4PM-9PM http://www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/whats-on/night-markets
- Kirribilli General Markets – Burton St Tunnel and Bradfield Park Bowling Green, Milsons Point – Fourth Sunday of every month 8:30AM-3PM http://www.kirribillimarkets.com/general-market
Kirribilli Art and Design Market -Burton St Tunnel, Milsons Point – Second Sunday of every month 9AM-3PM http://www.kirribillimarkets.com/art-and-design-market
Kirribilli Fashion Market – Bradfield Park Bowling Green, Milsons Point – Second Sunday of every month 9AM-3PM http://www.kirribillimarkets.com/fashion-market
- Trash and Treasure Grand Bazaar Markets (See my post on it!) – 1895 Camden Valley Way, Prestons NSW 2174 – Every Wednesday and Sunday 8AM-2PM
The meh why nots:
- The Rocks Markets – The Rocks, Sydney – Every Saturday and Sunday 10AM-5PM http://www.therocks.com/things-to-do/the-rocks-markets.aspx
- Chinatown Night Markets – Chinatown, Sydney – Every Friday 4PM-11PM http://www.chinatownmarkets.com.au/
- Now and Then Markets – St George Rowing Club, Wolli Creek – Sunday 7th December (from then on check website) http://www.nowandthenmarkets.com.au/
- Round She Goes Fashion Markets (See my post on it!) – 303 Marrickville Road, Marrickville NSW 2204 – check website http://roundshegoes.com.au/
Let the market-visiting games begin!
Please like/share if this post was helpful to you!
Are there any other secret markets you know of that I haven’t mentioned here? Let me know in the comments! 😀